Written by Sal Leto, FLAFFL House Podcast Co-Host, who goes by @sal33 on the Fantasy Life App and @letosal on Twitter
Hold on I need a minute to catch my breathe. Oh football you have out done yourself. The week opened with a Carson Wentz touchdown pass to Jordan Matthews and closed with a Chandler Catanazaro missed field goal sealing the win for the Patriots. Along the way we were treated to one of the most memorable opening weeks I can remember. We all saw the big plays and bigger stat lines. What I will point out is the players and stats that may have been missed along the way.
- Doug Martin had five catches to Charles Sims three but Sims gets the TD.
- Brandon Myers? After weeks of discussing Cameron Brate and ASJ the first TD goes to the TE Myers.
- Tevin Coleman’s 5 catches and 95 yards to Devonta Freeman’s 4 catches for 20 yards. Neither back ran well but it's evident Coleman is a weapon and will be involved.
- Jacob Tamme (6 catches 51 yards) was steadily involved and overall the passing offense was more spread out than in the past.
- I know it's week one and I'm sure it will get better but this offense has a real chance to be a complete dud.
- Reggie Bush (3 carries -4 yards, 0catches). If you drafted him for some crazy reason go ahead and free yourself.
- Justin Forsett 13 touches, Terrance West 14 touches, Buck Allen healthy scratch.
- Steve Smith (5 catches, 19 yards) was not quite the downfield presence we've grown accustomed to.
- Eddie Royal (4-57-1TD) If Kevin White doesn't get it going, Royal is worth an add to your watch list.
- Confirmed: Jay Cutler is hazardous to your fantasy success
- Lamar Miller (32 total touches). I'm pretty sure that was a three game average in Miami.
- Will Fuller would like me to let you know that Jaelen Strong is droppable in redraft leagues.
- The Packers offense still didn't look quite right. I mean Devante Adams caught a touchdown. Enough said.
- Jared Cook (1 catch 6 yards), Richard Rodgers (1 catch 22 yards). There's twenty choices I'd make before stopping here.
- Ivory or Yeldon? Well Ivory was in the hospital so Yeldon carried the ball 21 times…for 39 yards.
- Two TE threat? Julius Thomas 64 yards and a TD, Marcedes Lewis 48 yards receiving
- Travis Benjamin (7 catches for 32 yards). What happened to the deep threat? Do yourself a favor and pick up Tyrell Williams.
- Melvin Gordon looked good. Danny Woodhead looked better.
- Spencer Ware had 7 catches 129 yards receiving on Sunday (6 catches for 5 yards in 2015). Don't be surprised if the Chiefs decide to keep Charles sidelined for a few more games.
- Alex Smith’s 48 pass attempts were the most in any game of his 3+ years with the Chiefs and they had 15 designed run plays on Sunday.
- Rookie RB Jalen Richard gets 3 carries 84 yards (1- 75 yard TD) while highly touted rookie Deandre Washington has 5 carries 14 yards.
- Four different running backs and 1 fullback touched the ball for Oakland. It was Latavius early but not as much late.
- Yup, this defense is awful again. Start whoever you have every week against them and enjoy the benefits.
- Four different running backs touched the ball for New Orleans but CJ Spiller was a healthy scratch.
- Some guy named C.J. Uzomah started at TE and actually caught a 54 yard pass.
- Brandon LaFell (4-91), Tyler Boyd (2-24). This one still needs time to develop.
- Matt Forte gets 27 total touches while Bilal Powell only sees 6 total touches. It didn't seem like they were trying to rest him.
- Matt Forte reels in 5 catches and somehow Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker combined for 5 catches.
- Isaiah Crowell: 14 touches. Duke Johnson: 6 touches.
- Gary Barnidge hauls in 0 catches, and the Browns WRs totaled 5 combined catches. There were two down field receptions but outside of that the offense sputtered.
- Four running backs touched the ball. Ryan Mathews separated himself with 22 carries but Barner did average 10+yards on 4 carries.
- Nelson Agholor: 4-57-1 TD. Dorial Green-Beckham: 2-14. Round one goes to Agholor.
- Stefon Diggs gets 7 catches 103 yards and the rest of Vikings WRs combine for 6 catches and 65 yards with four of those going to Adam Thielen for 54 yards. Who? Exactly.
- Jerrick McKinnon gets 2 touches as AP didn't get much done but McKinnon also remained at bay.
- Tajae Sharpe impresses with 7 catches 76 yards and the rest of a Titans WRs keep pace with 8 catches for 77 yards.
- So much for that exotic smash mouthfootball. The Titans had 41 pass attempts to only 23 rush attempts.
- Kenny Stills dropped a wide open walk in TD in the first quarter and finished with 1 catch for 16 yards as the Dolphins lost by 2 points. Keep an eye on how Gase responds to this.
- Jordan Cameron gets 2 catches for 6 yards. Yeah, he's really just not that necessary.
- Christine Michael: 15 carries, 4.4 YPC. Thomas Rawls: 12 carries, 2.6 YPC. Looks like Rawls has some rust to shake off.
- Tyler Lockett has 3 catches for 17 yards and Jermaine Kearse goes 5-57. This is still Baldwin’s team.
- Will Tye: 3-16. Larry Donnell: 1-15-1 TD. It’s feeling like a lost position from a fantasy standpoint.
- Rashad Jennings gets 18 carries with rookie Paul Perkins getting 0.The Giants held true to letting Jennings be the feature back…for now.
- Jason Witten goes 9-66 with Cole Beasley busy with 8-65. They were clearly Dak’s security blankets and in deeper PPR leagues should be added.
- Zeke wasn't very efficient (2.55 YPC) but he's clearly the lead dog and the offense will run through him.
- There's room for two, Abdullah and Riddick were the perfect combination the Lions needed to pace the offense.
- Stafford looked to be as efficient and in control of the offense as I've ever seen him. He is poised for a huge season.
- Phillip Dorsett: 4-94. If he's not owned in your league then grab him as this offense is WIDE open and he is the deep threat.
- Bye-bye Fleener, hello Jack Doyle (3-35-2 TDs) but he’s not an addable asset.
- Martellus Bennett only gets 3 catches 14 yards. The offense was as spread out as I've ever seen it. Not sure any receiver can be counted on as “the guy” each week.
- LaGarette Blount has 22-70-1 TD while no other RB had more than 1 carry.
- I'd like to personally apologize to Larry Fitzgerald for ranking any WR on the Cardinals over him.
- Put to rest the discussion of DJ losing touches to Chris Johnson, this is DJ’s team.