Written by Matt Perdichizzi, goes by @cheezi on the Fantasy Life App
So, I don't mean to brag, but I came in second place on some free website's contest and won $100 from it. So yeah, I'm pretty good at this sort of thing. For those who are new at DraftKings, a few tips for you:
1. Check Vegas- The point totals should help you understand what experts think the game will go like
2. Don't be afraid to go contrarian- If everyone is off a stud because of a tough matchup, don't be afraid to plug them in your lineup in big tournaments. (Antonio Brown vs Denver last season)
3. Don't go to contrarian- At a point last year the TE strategy was to start whomever is against Oakland. Owen Daniels was a hot selection that week. He had a whopping 0 points.
4. Pick guys with high floors in "cash games"- Theo Riddick, Danny Woodhead, Eric Decker. High floor guys
5. Pick guys with high ceilings in tournaments- Tournaments are where you throw guys like Tyler Lockett, Kenny Stills, Ameer Abdullah in some lineups.
Now here are guys I like this week:
1. Drew Brees $8100, vs OAK- I'm not ready to say Oakland is the team to beat in the AFC.
2. Tony Romo $6800, vs NYG- Romo always does well vs the Giants, a good cash game guy.
3. Robert Griffin III $5600, @ PHI- Punt the position, throw the dart. It's a good matchup and a nice tournament play.
1. James White $3600, @ ARI- He will have a high ownership percentage at this price tag.
2. Jamaal Charles $7100, vs SD- If you want to pay up at RB, this is the guy to plug in.
3. Theo Riddick $4000, @ IND- I love Theo in cash games every week.
4. Thomas Rawls/Christine Michael $6000 and $3700, vs MIA- One of these guys will finish very well, not sure which one.
1. Sammy Watkins $6900, @ BAL- This defense is still mediocre and Watkins is way underpriced, good for tournaments and cash.
2. Tyler Lockett $5000, vs MIA- The perfect "double dip" for tournaments.
3. Eric Decker $6600 vs CIN- Nobody was as consistently decent as Eric Decker last year, an excellent cash game play every week.
4. Golden Tate/Marvin Jones $7300 and $4600 @ IND- No Vontae Davis? These price tags? Yes please.
1. Clivé Walford $3000, @ NO- Good matchup. Cheap Price, my favorite tournament play.
2. Rob Gronkowski $7400, @ ARI- Well, he's Gronk. Safest bet every week.
3. Jason Witten $4100, vs NYG- Last year Witten vs the Giants on Week 1: 8 catches, 60 yards, 2 touchdowns.
1. Seahawks $3900, vs MIA- No analysis needed.
2. Browns $2300, @ PHI- This is the tournament option.
3. Vikings $3100 @ TEN- This is the cash game option.
Now some guys I'm avoiding:
1. Eli Manning $7500, @ DAL
2. Jay Cutler $6300, @ HOU
1. Matt Forte $6100, vs CIN
2. DeMarco Murray $5300, vs MIN
1. Alshon Jeffery $7900, @ HOU
2. Allen Hurns $5800, vs GB
1. Coby Fleener $4900, vs OAK
2. Benjamin Watson $3500, vs BUF
1. Patriots $2900, @ ARI
2. Jaguars $2400, vs GB
Best of luck everyone!